ISO/IEC 17025 is an international standard for testing and calibration laboratories. It was established with the aim of offering quality and improving the processes within labs. ISO/IEC 17025 has two key clauses; Management Requirements which are associated with the performance and efficiency of the Quality Management System inside the laboratory, and Technical Requirements which focus on the competencies of employees, testing methodology, equipment, and the test and calibration results.
ISO/IEC 17025 is the international standard that sets out the general requirements for the competent, impartial, and consistent operation of lab. It specifies the activities that must be included in laboratory operations to promote confidence in its ability to produce valid and consistently reliable testing, calibration, and sampling results.
ISO/IEC 17025:2017 is the current, revised standard. The standard was published with collaboration between the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) and the International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC).
Whereas certification according to ISO 9001 or ISO 14001 is recognition that an effective management system is in place, ISO/IEC 17025 includes recognition of the technical competence of labs. Accreditation is a formal declaration by an Accreditation Body, after assessment and confirmation, that a laboratory is effective in meeting the requirements of ISO 17025 to perform tests according to its accredited scope.
The standard and accreditation are used by independently owned and operated labs, as well as those that are part of larger organizations, irrespective of the industry and size, which are involved in sampling or measurement activities. This includes regulated government and public sectors, as well as non-regulated sectors. ISO/IEC 17025, together with ISO 9001, is the basis for ISO 15189, which specifies particular requirements for competence and quality, as well as accreditation of medical labs.
What is the benefits of having Calibration Laboratories ISO17025 Certification ?
There are multiple benefits of ISO 17025 Certification as it gives detailed guidelines according to the industry standards to labs that perform testing, sampling, and calibration to provide accurate results.
Benefits of ISO 17025 Calibration Laboratory Management System
By becoming an ISO 17025 certified professional, you will be able to:
- Improve your reputation
- Create new business connections
- Gain competitive advantage
- Increase laboratory effectiveness
- Gain access to more contracts for testing and calibration
- Offer proficiency on improving work processes
- Offer more reliable and efficient lab testing and results
- Achieve customer reliability
What is ISO 17025 Certification ?
ISO 17025 is a set of detailed guidelines issued for labs to enhance the overall efficiency and to ensure that results produced are accurate and reliable. ISO 17025 is an universally accepted standard and it reduces the need for retesting and frequent audits.
Why ISO 17025 Certification is necessary for labs in Egypt?
ISO 17025 is a necessary certification as it provides detailed explanation to implement controls to mitigate the risks associated with testing, sampling and handling various chemicals and samples in the laboratory environment.
Why ISO 17025 Registration is important in Egypt?
ISO 17025 registration is important because it enhances the trust of the consumers and clients. Many consumers prefer to do business with ISO 17025 registration as it is an internationally recognized standard.
Why do labs need ISO 17025 Certification in Egypt ?
ISO 17025 is an internationally recognized certification for labs to regularly maintain the quality of the results obtained. ISO 17025 enhances the overall efficiency of the labs and reduces the need for retesting as it is an internationally recognized certification.
Why is Laboratory Management System important for you?
Becoming certified against ISO/IEC 17025 demonstrates your commitment to implement the requirements of this standard. As a certified professional, you will enable labs to demonstrate they operate competently, and are able to generate valid results. In addition, you will be able to increase your job opportunities because there are many large laboratory companies which will value your comprehensive knowledge as a professional in this field. As a matter of fact, many organizations have started to offer contracts only to certified professionals and labs, as the majority of customers prefer to receive services from certified labs, consequently, enabling you to maximize your earning potential.
WHO IS ISO/IEC 17025 FOR?
ISO/IEC 17025 is useful for any organization that performs testing, sampling or calibration and wants reliable results. This includes all types of labs, whether they be owned and operated by government, industry or, in fact, any other organization. The standard is also useful to universities, research centers, governments, regulators, inspection bodies, product certification organizations and other conformity assessment bodies with the need to do testing, sampling or calibration.
WHY HAS ISO 17025 BEEN REVISED?
The last version of ISO/IEC 17025 was published in 2005 and, since then, market conditions and technology have changed. The new version covers technical changes, vocabulary and developments in IT techniques. It also takes into consideration the latest version of ISO 9001.
There some very great advantages of getting this ISO 17025 certification in Cairo
1. Getting certification will increase the brand recognition of the company.
2. ISO 17025 certification in Giza will get you a global reputation and recognition will will boost your customer Base.
3. ISO 17025 services in Alexandria will help improve your management practices.
4. Effective implementation of this ISO 17025 in Cairo will majorly influence the effectiveness and efficiency of the experiments performed in the organization.
5. This ISO 17025 in Giza will help. In building a trust amongst the clients and share holders of the company.
6. ISO 17025 in Egypt will get you a clean sheet to enter into any tender floated by the public and private sector organizations specific to the labs.
7. ISO 17025 Certification process in Egypt all the above things put together will increase the business of the organization and also a trade mark of your quality practices.
How to get certified ISO 17025 in Egypt?
Contact OSS Middle East Team For getting you certificate quotation.
Oss Middle East Company:
Aim to help organization in all sectors in Egypt and Middle East to apply the international standard in Quality Management systems in all fields.
OSS accredited by:-
- The Egyptian Accreditation Council (EGAC).
- The German Accreditation (DAKKS).
- American Accreditation (IAS).
OSS register by Many Egyptian Organization:
- The Egyptian Organization for Standards & Quality (EOS).
- EGYPTIAN GENERAL PETROLEUM CORPORATION (EGAC).
- Industrial Modernization Centre (IMC).