ISO / IEC 27001 formally defines as an information security management system, which is a group of activities related to information risk management and is called the “ISMS” Information Security Management System.
Where ISMS ensures that security arrangements are strictly controlled to meet changes in security threats and their consequent weaknesses and business impacts – an important aspect in this dynamic, changing area every day, especially since the increasing importance of information and the need to protect it are among the most important factors to ensure continuity the work.
The missing information has no equal equivalence.One of the most important features of ISO27001 is flexibility and effective comparison between different risks and ways to overcome them.
ISO 27001 Fields: –
Standard 27001 covers all types of organizations and can be applied to all sizes from small companies to large multinationals and all industries or markets such as: –
1. Commercial enterprises.
2. Government agencies.
3. Non-profit organizations.
4. Retail business.
5. Banking services.
6. Health care.
8. Governmental institutions and bodies.
Structure of ISO 27001 certification
-It can systematically describe ISO 27001 Standard informational risk management process.
Scope & Terms and definitions
– Determines all ISMS requirements that are appropriate for organizations of any type, size or nature.
Context of the organization
Understand the organizational scope, needs, and expectations of all interested parties and define the scope of the ISMS. Whereas, the organization must continuously establish, maintain, and improve the ISMS “Information Security Management System”.
-High management must demonstrate clear leadership and adherence to the mandate policy and designate specific roles and responsibilities and information security authorities in the organization.
– This factor clarifies the importance of the process of defining, analyzing and planning treatment Information security risks in the organization, and clarifies the goals of information security.
–Adequate resources must be allocated, awareness raised, documents prepared and controlled.
– Details about evaluation and treatment Information security risks, change management, and documentation.
– Monitor, measure, analyze, evaluate and review all information security controls and management systems, and improve things systematically when necessary.
– Processing the results of reviews and corrective actions, as well as making all continuous improvements to the “Information Security Management System”
Benefits of obtaining ISO27001 certification
• Show interest to client & investor
• Improving the relationship between organizations with the government and society.
• Improving & preserving property in all its forms, “programs, information, equipment, and buildings”.
• Reducing information loss while adhering to business requirements.
• Increasing the awareness of all employees of the organization about the importance of information security.
• The organization’s interest in developing its performance while making sure to provide the best service to the customer.
• Increasing the competitiveness of the organization and the rate of participation in the market.
• It demonstrates to all clients the commitment to a secure level of information used at the highest standards.
• The Foundation’s readiness to continue to perform its business in the case of any natural or accident
• More ability to communicate between IT personnel and their security and enterprise management.
• Easy and fast transition to get ISO 9000 Standard.
Get ISO 27001 Certification
Obtaining ISO / IEC 27001 certification by an accredited and respected body like OSS Middle East is completely optional; however, there is a growing demand every year from suppliers and business partners from organizations that care about the security of their information.
According to a 2017 survey, there are around 40,000 ISO / IEC 27001 certifications worldwide, an increase of 20% annually, which demonstrates an increased awareness of organizations of the importance of achieving the standard and benefits of working.
Steps To Request an External Audit
Contact OSS Middle East and request an external audit of ISO 27001
Where a committee of auditors and experts is formed to examine the company’s information security system, after which the notes stage begins and a review report is presented in the event of notes. Time is given to the company to deal with these notes and adhere to all requirements and then after making sure of the company’s status and adherence to all specifications ISO 27001 certificates The Company is granted the certificate