ISO 14001 Certification is an Environmental Management System (EMS) Standards – This standard provided the requirement of EMS and guideline for use. The ISO 14001 standard is a specific standard for Environmental Management system. The ISO 14001 (EMS) is applicable to any organization that wishes to demonstrate sound environmental performance of the organization by controlling the impacts of their activities, products and services on the environment, consistent with their environmental policy and objectives and Complying with applicable legal and regulatory requirements.
ISO 14001 improves environmental performance (EMS)
Whether you’re developing or formalizing your environmental management system (EMS), ISO 14001 certification can deliver more than regulatory compliance and the ability to meet supplier requirements.
ISO 14001 helps businesses of all sizes across all sectors make their day to day operations more sustainable. Sustainability can ultimately save money, improve brand reputation, engage employees and build resilience against uncertainty as well as the ability to rapidly adapt to change.
Leading benefits of ISO 14001 experienced by customers:
ISO 14001 standard provides guidance on how to consider multiple aspects of your business procurement, storage, distribution, product development, manufacturing, etc.- so that it reduces its impact on the environment. It also drives you to evaluate how you manage emergency response, customer expectations, stakeholders and your relationships with your local community.
What is environmental management and ISO 14001?
ISO 14001 is an internationally accepted standard that outlines how to put an effective environmental management system in place in your organization. It is designed to help businesses remain commercially successful without overlooking environmental responsibilities and impacts. It can also help you to grow sustainably while reducing the environmental impact of this growth.
ISO 14001 belongs to the ISO 14000 family of environmental management standards (including ISO 14004), and provides the framework to allow you to meet increasingly high customer expectations of corporate responsibility, as well as legal or regulatory requirements. Are you looking to embed an environmental management plan within your organization? ISO 14001 is for you!
What are the benefits of ISO 14001 Environmental Management?
- Better environmental management reduces waste and energy use
- Improve efficiency to cut the cost of running your business
- Demonstrate compliance to expand your business opportunities
- Meet legal obligations to win greater stakeholder and customer trust
- Prepare for the changing business landscape confidently
ISO 14001:2015 specifies the requirements for an environmental management system that an organization can use to enhance its environmental performance. ISO 14001:2015 is intended for use by an organization seeking to manage its environmental responsibilities in a systematic manner that contributes to the environmental pillar of sustainability.
ISO 14001:2015 helps an organization achieve the intended outcomes of its environmental management system, which provide value for the environment, the organization itself and interested parties. Consistent with the organization’s environmental policy, the intended outcomes of an environmental management system include:
– Enhancement of environmental performance;
-Fulfilment of compliance obligations;
– Achievement of environmental objectives.
ISO 14001:2015 is applicable to any organization, regardless of size, type and nature, and applies to the environmental aspects of its activities, products and services that the organization determines it can either control or influence considering a life cycle perspective. ISO 14001:2015 does not state specific environmental performance criteria.
ISO 14001:2015 can be used in whole or in part to systematically improve environmental management. Claims of conformity to ISO 14001:2015, however, are not acceptable unless all its requirements are incorporated into an organization’s environmental management system and fulfilled without exclusion.
The summarized requirement details of ISO 14001 are given below :
General Requirements of Environmental Management System
Which include the requirement of – development, documentation, implementation of organization Environmental Management System as per ISO 14001 requirement.
The organization shall develop the environmental policy, which includes the top management commitments to continual improvement, prevention of pollution, comply with applicable legal requirements and other requirements to which the organization subscribes which relate to its environmental aspects. The organization’s environmental policy is being communicated to all stake holders and is available to public. Planning Which include the requirement of – identification of Environmental aspects and their impacts and determination of significant environmental aspects, applicable legal and other requirements, objectives, targets and programme(s). Implementation and Operation Which include the requirement of – setting up of Resources, roles, responsibility and authority in relation with EMS requirements, determination of Competence, providing training and awareness on Environmental management system requirements, Communication, Documentation, Control of documents, setting up of the Operational control to reduce the environmental impact, determination of potential emergency situations and establishing the Emergency preparedness and response. Checking Monitoring and measurement of environmental performance (significant aspects and EMS objectives & targets), Evaluation of compliance, Nonconformity, corrective action and preventive action, Control of records, internal audit. Management Review Which include the requirement of – conduct the Management review meeting on environmental management system, at planned intervals, to ensure its continuing suitability, adequacy and effectiveness. And assessing opportunities for continual improvement identify any need for changes to the environmental management system, environmental policy and environmental objectives and targets. Benefits of ISO 14001 Certification
- Improve the environmental performance of the organization.
- Environmental pollution reduced.
- Compliance with Legal and regulatory requirements related to Environment.
- Awareness about preparedness of potential Emergency situation.
- Improve the business potential among the competitor.
- Reduce wastage of Energy, natural resources, Raw materials.
- Operation control over the process shall improve.
- Commitment to Nation towards reduction pollution and compliance with legal regulatory requirement shall improve.
Applicant organization shall ensure the followings prior to ISO 14001 Certification (Environmental Management System Certification)
- Implementation of Environmental Management System in the organization. Established the Quality Manual, relevant procedures and SOP’s
- Conducted one complete cycle Environmental Management System Internal Audit.
- Conducted at least one Management review meeting on Environmental Management System.
- Applicable Legal requirements related to Environmental management system have been identified and compliance has been established.
- Significant Environmental Aspects has been identified and its operational control has been implemented.
- Potential Environmental emergency situation has been identified and its preparedness has been established.
ISO 14001 – Environmental Management System Certification Process
- Application review and contract Sign up between OSS and applicant organization.
- Stage-1 Audit.
- Stage-2 Audit.
- Certification decision.
- Issue of certificate.
- Surveillance audit (annually or Half yearly as finalized during application review process and agreed by client).
- Re-Certification Audit (within three years before expiry of certificate).
OSS Middle East Provide all field with quality services and Management Systems to ask for a price list or free consultation for any services we provide contact us now!
Oss Middle East Company:
Aim to help organization in all sectors in Egypt and Middle East to apply the international standard in Quality Management systems in all fields.
OSS Accredited by:-
OSS register by Many Egyptian Organization: