GLOBAL GAP Certification is for a farm assurance program, translating consumer requirements into Good Agricultural Practice. Eurep GAP is a common standard for farm management practice created in the late 1990s by several European supermarket chains and their major suppliers. GAP is an acronym for Good Agricultural Practices. It is now the world’s most widely implemented farm certification scheme. Most European customers for agricultural products now demand evidence of Europe GAP certification as a prerequisite for doing business.
The standard was developed using the Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) guidelines published by the United Nations Food and Agriculture Organization, and is governed according to the ISO/IEC 17065 for product certification schemes. Unlike other farm certification schemes, it has definitive rules for growers to follow, and each production unit is assessed by independent third party auditors[who?]. These auditors work for commercial certification companies who are licensed by the EurepGAP secretariat to conduct audits and award certificates where merited.
In September 2007, Europe GAP changed its name to GLOBALG.A.P.. The decision was taken to reflect its expanding international role in establishing Good Agricultural Practices between multiple retailers and their suppliers. A series of the standards can be accessed online.
In February 2009 GLOBALG.A.P. launched ‘China GAP’ following successful completion of the benchmarking of China GAP against the GLOBALG.A.P. Good Agricultural Practice reference code.
What is the purpose of the GLOBAL G.A.P. certification?
GLOBAL GAP certification enables companies to meet distributors’ requirements in terms of quality, food safety and environmental practices.
GLOBAL GAP certification guarantees:
- Food safety and traceability
- Environment (including biodiversity)
- Workers’ health, safety and welfare
- Animal welfare
- Includes Integrated Crop Management (ICM), Integrated Pest Control (IPC), Quality Management System (QMS), and Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP)
How to get this label the GLOBAL GAP ?
The labelling by an independent certification body like Ecocert enables to validate the compliance of your activities according to GlobalG.A.P. standard. To be certified, the applicant must comply with:
- 100% of the applicable major requirements
- 95% of the applicable minor requirements
For which category of products?
Crops Rules apply for all sub-scopes under the Crops scope:
- Fruit and Vegetables
- Combinable Crops
- Flowers and Ornamentals
- Plant Propagation Material
Who can get certified GLOBAL GAP?
Any producer of primary agricultural products covered by the Global G.A.P. standard.
1.Reduce your exposure to food safety and product safety reputational risks.
2. Gain access to local and global markets, suppliers and retailers.
3. Improve the efficiency of your farm management.
4. Save costs by reducing the number of on-farm audits.
- Comply with legislation on food safety, environmental protection and workers’ health and safety, with an easy HACCP system to put into place.
- Benefit from global recognition with adaptation to local conditions, through GLOBALG.A.P.’s network of 45 National Technical Working Groups.
- Choose from 160 accredited certification bodies, which all meet the highest integrity requirements.
8. Access all the standard documents online, free of charge,
and in multiple languages.
9. Secure access to financing and to capital markets. Benefit from connecting to innovative supply chain solutions.
10. Help shape the continuing development of our standards
through public consultation.
- Demonstrate compliance with the United Nations Global Compact
Food and Agribusiness Principles
- Benchmark yourself as part of the world’s most widespread farm assurance standard.
- It’s designed for you–retailers, manufacturers and producers
with GLOBAL GAP expertise worked
together to create it.
10 REASONS FOR PRODUCERS TO GET GLOBAL GAP CERTIFICATION
1. Reduce your exposure to food safety and product safety reputational risks.
2. Gain access to local and global markets, suppliers, and retailers.
3. Improve the efficiency of your farm management.
4. Save costs by reducing the number of on-farm inspections and audits.
5. Comply with legislation on food safety, environmental protection, and workers’ health and safety with an HACCP system that is easy to put into place.
6. Benefit from global recognition with adaptation to local conditions through GLOBALG.A.P.’s network of 44 national technical working groups.
7. Choose from 160 accredited certification bodies, all of which meet the highest integrity requirements.
8. Secure access to financing and to capital markets. Benefit from connecting to innovative supply chain solutions.
9. Demonstrate compliance with the United Nations Global Compact Food and Agribusiness Principles.
10. Be a part of the world’s most widespread farm assurance standard.
CUSTOMIZED SOLUTIONS FOR SAFE & SUSTAINABLE AGRICULTURE
GLOBALG.A.P. has developed voluntary add-ons that enhance your GLOBALG.A.P. Integrated Farm Assurance certification. These made-to-measure add-ons cover specific aspects of the agricultural production process and supply chain. They upgrade your status as a producer and offer buyers specific assurances tailored to their interests and preferences.
Develop your own GLOBAL GAP Add-on
Take advantage of GLOBALG.A.P.’s certification development expertise. We can work with you to develop your own customized solution that covers your particular demands and requirements. Your checklist of measures can then simply be assessed together with the GLOBALG.A.P. inspection and/or audit.
OSS Middle East Provide all field with quality services and Management Systems to ask for a price list or free consultation for any services we provide contact us now!
Oss Middle East Company:
Aim to help organization in all sectors in Egypt and Middle East to apply the international standard in Quality Management systems in all fields.
OSS Accredited by:-
OSS register by Many Egyptian Organization: