ISO 10002 is a standard specifically tailored for complaints handling. It provides guidance on the process of complaints handling related to products within an organization, including planning, design, operation, maintenance and improvement.
The complaints-handling process is suitable for use as one of the processes of an overall quality management system.
Manage customer complaints effectively and you’ll have more chance of meeting their expectations as well. And you can quickly turn customer complaints into customer satisfaction instead – especially when you view complaints as an opportunity to improve what you do and how you do it. ISO 10002 for customer satisfaction can help you to achieve this whatever the size or nature of your business. The customer complaints management system is a basic but essential requirement for any business – especially businesses that want to become and remain successful.
Customer Satisfaction Standard provides guidance on the process of complaints handling for external customers and addresses the following:
- Improved customer satisfaction by creating a customer-focused environment that is open to feedback (including complaints), resolving any complaints received, and enhancing the organization’s ability to improve its product and customer service.
- Management commitment through adequate acquisition and deployment of resources, including personnel training.
- Recognizing and addressing the needs and expectations of complainants.
- Providing an open, effective and easy-to-use complaints process.
- Analyzing and evaluating complaints in order to improve the product and customer service quality.
- Auditing of the complaints-handling process.
- Reviewing the effectiveness and efficiency of the complaints-handling process.
The Customer Satisfaction standard ISO 10002 helps organizations to identify, manage and understand how successfully they deal with their customers’ complaints.
Including planning, design, operation, maintenance and improvement. The complaints-handling process described is suitable for use as one of the processes of an overall quality management system. It is also intended for use by organizations of all sizes and in all sectors.
Benefits of ISO 10002
- Customer retention and loyalty
- Improve the reputation of organization
- Improvement in products and process
- Customer confidence
Companies always try to create the best product for their customers, in order to keep them satisfied and regulars of your brand. Nevertheless, complaints will always be a part of any product selling, possibly damaging your customer base. But a complaint is actually gold for your business! As expressed by Bill Gates, founder of Microsoft, “Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning.
To help you manage your complaints and keep up your customer satisfaction, ISO developed the ISO 10002, a quality management process specially tailored for complaints handling. We will today learn more about the ISO 10002 and how to implement it in your company.
What is the ISO 10002?
The ISO 10002 is a complaints-handling process developed by the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) in 2004. Available for organizations of all sizes and all sectors, the certification supports companies with their complaint management in order to keep customer satisfaction high and their product innovative.
According to the ISO 10002, customer satisfaction is defined as a “customer’s perception of the degree to which the customer’s requirements have been fulfilled” while a complaint is an “expression of dissatisfaction made to an organization, related to its products, or the complaints-handling process itself, where a response or resolution is explicitly or implicitly expected”.
The current version of the certification is the ISO 10002:2014. It will be reviewed and replaced by the ISO/DIS 10002 in 2019.
Overview of the ISO 10002
The guideline ISO 10002:2014 is a document structured as following:
- Normative References
- Terms and definitions
- Guiding principles
- Customer-focused approach
- Continual improvement
- Complaints-handling framework
- Planning and design
- Operation of complaints-handling process
- Receipt of complaints
- Tracking of complaints
- Acknowledgement of complaints
- Initial assessment of complaints
- Investigation of complaints
- Response to complaints
- Communicating the decision
- Closing complaints
- Maintenance and improvement
- Collection of information
- Analysis and evaluation of complaints
- Satisfaction with the complaints-handling process
- Monitoring of the complaints-handling process
- Auditing of the complaints-handling process
- Management review of the complaints-handling process
- Continual improvement
How to implement the ISO 10002 in your company
The ISO 10002 can be implemented in four steps:
- Self-assessment of your compliance with the ISO 10002 requirements
- Contact with a certification body accredited by the ISO
- Audit of the ISO 10002 procedures developed by your company
- If you succeed with your audit, the ISO 10002 certification will be issued and handled to your company
If you don’t succeed, you will receive a list of improvement to do before trying again
The ISO 10002 is valid for one year and can be renewed after a new audit.
What is ISO 10002 Customer Satisfaction. Complaints Handling?
Customers expect more and more from the service you provide. And your competitors are working harder to meet these expectations. You can too with ISO 10002, the international standard for customer satisfaction. ISO 10002 provides you with guidelines for putting in place your own complaints management system – helping you to identify complaints, their cause and how to eliminate them. ISO 10002 will also allow you to identify areas in your business where you can improve and eventually remove the cause of complaints. The ISO 10002 standard outlines management controls and processes that help you to handle customer complaints more effectively and efficiently – making sure that more customers are satisfied with the service you provide.
What are the benefits of customer complaint management?
- Achieve operational efficiency to identify trends and causes of complaints
- Resolve more complaints by adopting a more customer-focused approach
- Engage staff with new customer service training opportunities
- Integrate ISO 10002 with ISO 9001 to improve overall efficiency
- Monitor and continually improve your complaints handling process.
Don’t forget that an unhappy customer will tell friends and colleagues about their experiences, damaging your reputation and often you know nothing about it. Implementing a complaints handling process using ISO 10002 will help you turn unhappy customers into satisfied ones and use their input to improve the experience of future customers.
Your customer service processes need to make it simple for your customers to communicate complaints and resolve any issues arising. Complaint management is not about reducing the number of complaints, but taking the information they generate and turning it into an opportunity for improvement.
Smart complaint management will help you to improve customer service standards and deliver an effective complaint handling system to differentiate you from your competitors. Auditing by SGS against ISO 10002 Quality Management: Customer Satisfaction demonstrates that your organization cares about customer feedback and receives, manages and resolves customer complaints effectively.
Certification against ISO 10002 will provide your organization with a high quality and reliable complaint management system, including the following characteristics:
- Customer-focused approach
- Continual improvement
We can either conduct a gap assessment of your management system against the requirements of ISO 10002 or take you through the full certification process.
Our ISO 10002 Foundation Training is designed to provide any organization with the fundamentals of the ISO 10002 requirements. Contact your local SGS representative for further details.
Partner with OSS to improve customer service standards and complaint management with the implementation of ISO 10002.
OSS Middle East Provide all field with quality services and Management Systems to ask for a price list or free consultation for any services we provide contact us now!
Oss Middle East Company:
Aim to help organization in all sectors in Egypt and Middle East to apply the international standard in Quality Management systems in all fields.
OSS Accredited by:-
OSS register by Many Egyptian Organization: